12/07/2017

I will catch you - Craft Stamper


Hello there! Yesterday I blogged some ATCs and let's continue with the card theme. This one is a card I did for the Ready Set Stamp gallery in the March issue of Craft Stamper (link). The theme of the gallery was "Tempting Textures" and the guideline was "textures in nature, brickwork, bark, weathered, crackle, texture pastes and stencils". When I read the line about textures in nature and bark I knew I wanted to use a piece of wood as my card base. I'm so lucky that my father is a carpenter so getting a piece of wood was pretty easy! The hard part was naturally to choose which kind of wood! 

I wanted the card to have a natural feel so I chose to go with a leaf design as my focal point but added some texture to the base as well. I made a texture paste of my own by mixing acrylic paint and the mini Art Stones. It gave the card a bit of a mossy look. The third thing bringing texture to the card is the cord I use as the embellishment. It has a great natural color and yet another kind of feel to it than the grainy paste or the smooth surface of the wood.

Thank you for stopping by today! The new issue of Craft Stamper (link) was just released and there's something from me inside it. If you want to see a few glimpses inside, please check the magazine's blog (link). Ta ta for now! And don't forget the giveaway (link)!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Carabelle, Ranger, Wow Embossing Powder, Copic 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Simple, and oh, so awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...